The Learning Jet is the first of its kind in the nation for engaging students in STEAM subjects and activities by incorporating hands-on activities in the classroom, cultivating enthusiasm for learning, relating it to real life experiences, and fostering a long-term interest in continued learning in science, technology, engineering and math.
Where else can you watch airplanes take off and land outside the door while conducting business?
A field trip to The Learning Jet offers students:
• STEAM education – Our programs include science, technology, engineering, aeronautics and mathematics standards so that students of all ages can learn necessary skills needed later in life.
• To introduce students to the different careers available within aviation industry.
• Exposure to hands-on activities:
o Students learn differently and hands-on experiences make learning fun.
• The students will have a field trip they can’t stop talking about!
• Everyone gets to sit in the captain’s seat.
• Curriculum may include pre and post visit lessons.
• $10 per student with 20 student or $200 minimum
• Choose from a full or half-day.
o Mornings: 9:00 am - 12 noon
o Afternoons 12 noon - 3:00 pm
• There is a 2 hour minimum
• Must have 2 chaperons per group of 30.
• Class size is limited to 60 per session divided into 2 groups attending simultaneously.
• Catering packages available.
o Lunch: Pizza and Beverage ($6.00 per person including chaperones)